Born in Syria, BA in English literature. MA in General Theology from St Vladimir’s Theological Seminary (Orthodox Church of America) – New York, 2008. PhD in Syriac Liturgy from the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (Maronite Catholic) – Lebanon, 2013. Serving until 2010 at the secretary of Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim, the Syriac Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo and an international figure in ecumenical / inter-religious dialogues. Visiting researcher to Université Catholique de Louvain la Neuve (Louvain, Belgium), St John’s University (Collegeville, USA), Beth Mardutho Syriac Studies Center (New Jersey, USA) and to Karl Franzens Universität (Graz, Austria) where he started a Postdoctoral research on Syriac Liturgical Anaphoras in 2013, which was followed by granting an FWF project “Syriac Anaphoras: Editions According to Manuscripts” in 2014. Teaching Liturgy in the MA Programme of Syriac Theology at Salzburg University (since 2015), focusing on critical issues in the current Syriac liturgical practice and discussing an academic vision for a possible liturgical reform. Contributor to the Syriac Anaphoras database (Vestigia Research Centre, Graz University) and to Sedra Syriac Lexicographical database (Beth Mardutho, New Jersey). KAICIID Interreligious Dialogue fellow (King Abdullah International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue – Vienna). Since November 2017, he is a senior postdoctoral fellow at Fscire – John XXIII Foundation for Religious Studies, Bologna.
- evaluation of the call for post-doc fscire 2020 call/2 research fellowships
- fscire magazine – in diem no.4
- historical and theological lexicon of the septuagint
- call for applications 2021 – «giuseppe alberigo» school for advanced religious studies. A three-year postgraduate specialisation course
- latest releases – benedict xv: a pope in the world of the ‘useless slaughter’ (1914-1918)
- euare2021 – call for proposals
- follow us: