Fondazione per le scienze religiose Giovanni XXIII (Fscire) invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships
Fscire Research Fellowships / scarica il bando
Fellowships are established in accordance with the requirements defined by the policies of Fscire, its agreements with the Regional Government of Emilia-Romagna, the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research and its donors.
Candidates may thereby apply for one of the following positions:
1. Junior Research Fellow (2 years, renewable). Applicants must have obtained their doctorate within the last five years. The successful candidate will sign a research contract for two years, equivalent to the Italian “Assegno di ricerca junior” (which amounts to a monthly net sum of about € 1,400). The contract defines a research programme in accordance with the research lines of Fscire; it might also include the publication of the candidate’s dissertation during the second year of the fellowship.
2. Senior Research Fellow (2 years, renewable). The Applicant’s doctoral thesis must have already been published. The successful candidate will sign a research contract for two years, equivalent to the Italian “Assegno di ricerca senior” (which amounts to a monthly net sum of about € 1,600). The contract defines a research programme in accordance with the research lines of Fscire.
All fellowships are residential.
The call for International Visiting Fellowships is always open. Further information can be found at http:// www.fscire.it/index.php/it/alta-scuola/bandi-2/
Different research areas are established in accordance with the lines defined by the Scientific Board, the Secretary and members of Fscire. Within the application, candidates must therefore specify the area to which they would like to contribute:
1. Ecumenism includes research into the history and theology of the development of the desire for Christian unity within Churches. Contributing to this line of enquiry entails participating in an international programme of a multivolume/multilingual history on the subject;
2. Religious Pluralism includes research into the historical, juridical and theological aspects of the cohabitation of different faiths and of how this is represented;
3. Philology includes research into the critical editions of sources found within the entire spectrum of Jewish and Christian traditions;
4. Islam includes research into the history of Muslim communities and their religious life. Contributing to this line will entail collaborating in the launching of the new branch of Fscire in Palermo (La Pira Library);
5. Digital Humanities includes projects pertaining the relationship between Religious Studies and Technology, within the DH dominion, digital editing, metadata and multilingual data management, digitization of historical sources, transcription and transliteration, history of DH, machine vision applied to manuscripts, artwork and writings.
Applications should be sent to: Fondazione per le scienze religiose, via San Vitale 114, Bologna or email@example.com by June 20th, 2019.
Applications from all countries are encouraged. Equal opportunities policies are fully implemented. Applications must include:
1. A full CV;
2. A research project proposal;
3. A letter of motivation with the description of research interests;
4. The specification of the type of fellowship and research area;
5. All publications in pdf format (including PhD Thesis);
6. Official certification or self-evaluation of language skills both for modern and ancient languages;
7. The name of 2 possible research supervisors;
8. Two letters of recommendation from internationally acknowledged scholars. Please include their contact details.
Candidates must specify whether they are also applying for an accommodation at the “Collegio Andreatta” (limited availability).
Candidates must specify whether they are willing to request the membership of Fscire: being a Member does not change the economic conditions or the general obligations of belonging to a permanent research community, including participation in the life of Fscire, also according to the opening hours of the Dossetti Library.
The status of Member offers the opportunity to participate in Fscire’s research programmes (including EU Funded and other competitive research projects), the chance to represent Fscire on other boards or initiatives, teaching opportunities in Italy and abroad and full rights in terms of the acquisition of books, benefits and travel funds.
Applications are evaluated by a commission of five scholars (including at least one of the members of Fscire), appointed by the President of Fscire.
Members of Fscire may be consulted during the evaluation process, according to their experience in the research pipelines.
Applicants may be invited by the Secretary to an interview or meeting (in person or via internet) during the evaluation process. Expenses will be covered.
The final evaluation of the commission will be approved by the Board of Trustees of Fscire.
REGULATIONS AND FOLLOW UP
The post-doctoral fellowship will be attributed according to the Italian private law and does not provide a contract as a dependent employee (“lavoro subordinato”).
At the time of signing, successful applicants must not be bound by other employment contracts with universities or research centres. Grants and funds approved by the Scientific Committee of Fscire and aiming to increase the international experience of Fellows may be accepted and negotiated among institutions.
All fellowships are residential and place great emphasis on the exchange of ideas and on the spirit of community among Fellows who live and work in proximity. Fellows are expected to be present during the entire period of their fellowship, except for religious or civil holidays. Longer leaves must be communicated to, and agreed on, the Secretary of Fscire.
Successful non-EU applicants will be assisted in the procedures for the request of a visa and other permissions. The fellowship salaries are regulated by art. 4 L. 476/1984 (fiscal treatment), art. 2, c. 26 and ff. L. 335/1995 and following updates, DM MLPS 247/2007 (maternity leave), and art. 1, c. 788 L. 296/2006 (sick leave).
The Scientific Committee, eventual supervisors and the Secretary of Fscire will monitor the scientific results of the projects. The Secretary may ask the Scientific Committee to withdraw or extend the fellowships.