FSCIRE, whose presidents were Giuseppe Dossetti, Beniamino Andreatta and Valerio Onida, is chaired today by Alessandro Pajno, who is responsible for legal representation and for every activity guaranteeing the smooth running of the Fondazione.
The current secretary, Alberto Melloni, succeeded Giuseppe Alberigo in 2007. The secretary is responsible for the scientific and administrative direction of FSCIRE’s activities.
The Scientific Committee, composed of internationally renowned scholars, supervises and evaluates the scientific activities of FSCIRE and is the jury that awards the Diploma di perfezionamento scientifico (equivalent to a PhD) to the students of the Giuseppe Alberigo European School for Advanced Religious Studies.
It is formed by:
- Fernanda Alfieri, Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna.
- Eberhard Bons, Université de Strasbourg, Strasbourg.
- Christophe Chalamet, Université de Genève, Genève.
- Manuela Consonni, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
- Rowan Dorin, Stanford University, Stanford.
- Hyacinthe Destivelle, Pontificio Consiglio per la promozione dell’unità dei cristiani, Roma.
- Alba Fedeli, Universität Hamburg, Hamburg.
- Frédéric Gugelot, Université de Reims, Reims.
- Atria Larson, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis.
- Alberto Melloni, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia/Fscire, Bologna.
- Susanna Mancini, Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, Bologna.
- Christoph Markschies, Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Berlin.
- Renato Moro, Università Roma Tre, Roma.
- Nora K. Schmid, University of Oxford, Oxford.
- Devin Stewart, Emory College, Atlanta.
- Kirsi Stjerna, California Lutheran University, Berkeley.
- Christoph Theobald, Centre Sèvres, Paris.
- Roberto Tottoli, Università di Napoli L’Orientale, Naples.
The first Scientific Committee of FSCIRE was formed on 26 May 1974 by Jacques Dupont, Jean Gribomont, Georg Kretschmar, Paolo Prodi, Boris Ulianich and Giuseppe Alberigo. In the following years, the committee expanded with the addition of new members:
- 1981 – Francesco Traniello.
- 1983 – Enzo Bianchi, François Bovon, Carlo Del Corno, Jean Delumeau, Alois Grillmeier, Maurilio Guasco, Jean-Marie Mayeur, Giovanni Miccoli, Jean-Marie Tillard, André Vauchez, Guido Verucci, Jean Zizioulas.
- 1987 – Brian Tierney.
- 2004 – Girolamo Arnaldi, Étienne Fouilloux, Peter Hünermann, Jean Pierre Jossua, Ermenegildo Manicardi, Kenneth Pennington, Paolo Pombeni.
- 2006 – Paolo Bettiolo.
- 2008 – Adriano Prosperi, Card. Roberto Tucci.
- 2009 - Claus Arnold, Philippe Denis, Hyacinthe Destivelle, Denis Pellettier, Yan Li Ren, Joachim Stieber.
- 2012 - Francesco Citti, Frédéric Gugelot, Gaetano Lettieri, Jürgen Miethke, John Pollard, Violet Soen, Christoph Theobald.
- 2015 - Alberto Melloni.
- 2016 - Christophe Chalamet, Kirsi Stjerna.
- 2020 - Fernanda Alfieri, Eberhard Bons, Alba Fedeli, Shady H. Nasser, Devin Stewart.
- 2022 – Manuela Consonni, Rowan Dorin, Atria Larson, Susanna Mancini, Christoph Markschies, Renato Moro, Nora K. Schmid, Roberto Tottoli.
Board of Trustees
The Board’s members are:
- Alessandro Pajno, former magistrate and university professor, former Undersecretary of State of the Interior Ministry and President of the Council of State of the Italian Republic, is the President of FSCIRE.
- Gabriele Albonetti, former Superintendent of the Camera dei Deputati, is a Member of Parliament.
- Franco Bassanini, emeritus professor of Constitutional Rights, is president of Astrid Foundation.
- Enzo Bianchi, professor at the San Raffaele University in Milan, is the founder and former prior of the Monastery of Bose, and life member of the board of directors.
- Dino Piero Giarda, former Undersecretary and Minister, is a professor at the Catholic University in Milan.
- Susanna Mancini, professor of Comparative Public Law at the University of Bologna.
- Piergaetano Marchetti, professor of Commercial Rights at the Bocconi University in Milan, is President of Fondazione Corriere della sera.
- Alberto Melloni, professor at the University of Modena-Reggio Emilia and chair holder of the UNESCO Chair on Religious Pluralism and Peace, is the Secretary General of FSCIRE.
- Marco Piccinini, businessman, former minister of finance and economy of the Principality of Monaco and board member of Ferrari, former member of the committee of guarantors of the Andreatta College.
- Barbara Randazzo, full professor of Public Law Institutions at the Department of Italian and Supranational Public Law of the University of Milan.
Scientific quality assurance auditor
- Angelo Varni, professor of Contemporary History, Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, Bologna.
Board of Auditors
The board of auditors was first presided by Professor Romano Prodi, and its current members are:
- Carlo D’Adda, manager of the Department of Economics of the University of Bologna, appointed by the municipality of Bologna.
- Enrico Fusi, accountant, appointed by the Ministry of the Education, University and Research, MIUR.
- Piero Gnudi, lawyer in Bologna, appointed by the President of the Region Emilia-Romagna.
- Roberto Lipparini, MIBAC regional secretary for Emilia Romagna, appointed by MIBAC.
- Claudio Semeghini, accountant, appointed by the board of directors of FSCIRE.